- This event has passed.
FMU Guest Lecture Series | Colorectal Cancer
March 12, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Colorectal Cancer Integrative Update
Speaker: Lise Alschuler N.D.,FABNO
- This presentation will start with a brief review of current screening strategies and the presentation of colorectal cancer.
- Additionally, a brief overview of conventional management strategies will be outlined.
- The presentation will then outline key integrative principles and strategies for colorectal cancer prevention.
- Additionally, key integrative strategies for colon cancer management will be highlighted.
1. Gain an understanding of appropriate colorectal cancer screening.
2. Recognize how colorectal cancer presents and is staged.
3. Be familiar with conventional treatment of colorectal cancer.
4. As colorectal cancer is considered one of the most preventable cancers, develop an understanding of the key aspects of a lifestyle-based prevention approach.
5. Gain familiarity with colorectal cancer integrative management strategies
Lise Alschuler N.D. Bio:
Dr. Alschuler, ND, FABNO is the Executive Director of TAP Integrative, a nonprofit web-based educational resource for integrative practitioners.
Dr. Alschuler is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona School of Medicine where she is on the faculty of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
She practices naturopathic oncology out of Naturopathic Specialists, LLC.
Dr. Alschuler co-hosts a radio show, Five To Thrive Live! and is co-founder of the iTHRIVE Plan, a lifestyle app for cancer survivors. She is co-author of Definitive Guide to Cancer, now in its 3rd edition, and Definitive Guide to Thriving After Cancer.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar