- This event has passed.
Functional Medicine University Guest Lecture Series | Pinworms Master Host Manipulators
November 10, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Pinworms: Master Host Manipulators
Speaker: Matt Marturano N.D.
In this presentation we will review the coevolution of Enterobius vermicularis (pinworm) and human beings since prehistory and explore some unsettling new insights proposed by recent studies into multiparasitology and host manipulation. Learn the top reason why conventional treatments are ineffective in the long term, and why you should
expect to see more cases of pinworm pop up during viral outbreaks, such as the novel Coronavirus.
- Pinworm paleoparasitology
- Prevalence and risk factors
- Epidemiology and covert infection
- Clinical presentation and diagnosis of Enterobiasis
- Conventional treatment and recurrence
- Impact of infection and treatment on host microbiota and immune response
- Psychiatric comorbidities with pinworm infection
- Polyparasitism and pinworms
- The Switcher Effect and pinworms
- Natural treatments for pinworm infection
- Environmental and behavior modifications for prevention
- Case Study: 40 year old man with pruritus ani
- Comprehensive 13-week integrative pinworm treatment protocol
Date: Tuesday, November 10th, 2020
Time: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Eastern Time-New York Time)
Dr Matt Marturano ND’s Bio:
Dr Matt Marturano ND, is a licensed naturopathic physician with a keen interest in the human gut microbiome and digestive system. Dr. Marturano’s educational background includes an undergraduate degree in biology and philosophy from the University of Michigan, and a doctorate of naturopathic medicine from the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Dr. Matt is the author of The COHERENT Method: An open-source functional medicine paradigm for management of functional digestive disorders. He currently conducts lectures, webinars, and trainings for practitioners worldwide, and serves as vice-president for Orchid Holistic Search, a boutique executive search firm focused in the natural products industry.